How to Clear Your Browser Cache
Many common website loading errors can be solved with a very simple and
often forgotten solution: clearing your browser's cache on your local
Try clearing your browser's cache if you experience any of the following:
- Your website does not display correctly; i.e., missing images,
erroneous CSS, improper redirects.
- Your site shows the wrong domain or does not display at all after a
- Your site displays errors.
- Your site only partially loads.
- Your session files are not saved correctly.
- You experience repeated wp-admin authentication problems when
using the verified, correct login credentials.
- You recently updated your site, but your new content will not
If you have just migrated your site and clearing your browser cache does not
resolve these errors,
tutorial might offer more solutions.
Clearing Your Browser Cache
Follow the steps below to clear the cache for your preferred browser.
(These instructions apply to the most recent version of each browser; for
older versions, contact your browser's support for guidance.)
- Enter the following in your address bar:
- Select the following options:
- Browsing history
- Download history
- Cookies and other site and plugin data
- Cache images and files
- Choose the beginning of time from the drop-down menu labelled
Obliterate the Following Items From.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Quit Chrome and reopen the browser.
- Open the History menu and select Clear Recent History.
- Select Everything from the Time Range to Clear drop-down
- Expand the Details list and select all of the items.
- Click Clear Now.
- Quit Firefox and reopen the browser.
- Click the Hub icon in the upper right corner.
- Click History and then select Clear All History.
- Select these options:
- Browsing history
- Cookies and saved website data
- Cached data and files
- Click Clear.
- Quit Edge and reopen the browser after the All Clear message
- Select Settings from the Opera menu.
- Click Delete Private Data....
- Select all of the items in the pop-up window and click
- Quit Opera and restart the browser.
- Select Clear History... from the Safari menu.
- Select All History from the drop-down list and click Clear
- Quit Safari and restart the browser.
Last updated: March 31, 2017