How ServerPilot Works
ServerPilot is a cloud service for hosting WordPress and other PHP websites on servers at DigitalOcean, Linode, Rackspace, or anywhere else. You can think of ServerPilot as a modern, centralized hosting control panel.
ServerPilot does not provide servers. Instead, we make it easy to host PHP sites on your own servers. Those servers can be cloud servers, VPSes, or dedicated servers at any provider.
How You Use ServerPilot
After you create your ServerPilot account, your first step is to connect a server to ServerPilot. You'll start with a completely fresh Ubuntu server. If you've already installed Apache, Nginx, PHP, or MySQL, then you won't be able to connect your server to ServerPilot.
After completing a simple and secure form, we'll install the ServerPilot agent on your server. The agent keeps a secure connection open to ServerPilot, does the actual management of your server, and sends back stats and logs.
You'll then use ServerPilot to create a new app for each website you want to host on your server. For each app you create, ServerPilot will handle all of the server reconfiguration. You never need to do any configuration of Nginx, Apache, MySQL, or PHP. You can use the built-in WordPress installer or SSH/SFTP to upload your site's files to your server.
What ServerPilot Does
- Software Installation – ServerPilot installs all of the software your server needs, including PHP, MySQL, Nginx, and Apache.
- Firewall Configuration – ServerPilot secures your server with an iptables firewall.
- Automatic Updates – ServerPilot keeps your server's packages updated.
- Simple Control Panel – ServerPilot's control panel makes it easy to host multiple sites on a server, manage databases, change PHP versions, deploy SSL, and more.
- AutoSSL – With AutoSSL, ServerPilot enables free SSL certificates for your apps' domains.
- Stats and Monitoring – ServerPilot provides stats and monitoring for your servers and apps.
- Professional PHP and WordPress Hosting – ServerPilot's Free plan provides everything you need for secure, reliable hosting on your server. Our paid plans offer additional features that may be helpful to you as your business grows.
The best way to experience ServerPilot is to try it out.
First, sign up for an account.
Next, follow along with our tutorial for installing WordPress.