ServerPilot API Released
September 2, 2014
Over the past few months, we've been putting the finishing touches on our API. In that time, beta users of our API have been giving us feedback, writing API wrappers, and even building businesses on top of our API.
We're very excited to announce our API is now available to everyone.
Empowering Our Users
Many of you have been asking and waiting patiently for a ServerPilot API. The reasons we've heard for needing an API vary widely, including:
- Automating deployments and app installations
- Creating hosting companies on top of DigitalOcean and ServerPilot
- Building client-facing control panels with granular access control
- Integrating with WHMCS
- Writing migration tools to move websites from cPanel, Plesk, and shared hosts
We've worked hard to make our API as clean and easy to use as possible. Some of our API's best features include:
- Programmatic management. Manage servers, apps, system users, and databases through your scripts.
- RESTful API. Developers can communicate with the API through standard HTTP methods: GET, POST, and DELETE.
- Secure HTTPS. All API communication is encrypted.
- JSON data. Requests and responses are in JSON format so they're human-readable as well as easy to use in any programming language.
Ready to dive in? Check out the API's Getting Started Guide.
You can also try out one of the API wrappers being developed by community members.
Let us know what you build!