How to Maintain a Secure Server and App
Maintaining the security of your apps and servers is key to the success of your business and that of your clients. Follow these tips to strengthen your server and app security:
- Use a long, secure password on every account everywhere, from your email and wp-admin to your server provider.
- Keep all software, including themes and plugins, up to date—this is vital toward protecting against application compromises.
- Install and keep current anti-malware software on all local Windows machines used to access your site and server.
- Use a web application firewall (WAF), such as the one offered by Cloudflare.
- Keep backups. If possible, have multiple backups in multiple locations.
Last updated: August 25, 2017